Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Real DItty on History

So reading a blog about history has got to be the most exciting thing you got going on right now. And it should be!

I love history. It is so fascinating and is critical to understand and be aware of. It puts you more in touch with humanity and the present. I found the first 3 chapters to be captivating... No, really...

The progression from early man to "civilization" took an hour or two to read, but took a couple of hundred of thousand of years to accomplish. It is ironic that a paleolithic way of life had health benefits above the "civilized: agrarian way of life yielding longer life spans and less labor and energy.

Here is where I should insert some plagerized graphic I randomly pull off the web... Everyone is doing it....


Wow - 33 years old to 20 in the Neolithic (interesting huh)... I thought you would like that.

I suspect this will be an interesting chart to use as a reference for the rest of this class...Or maybe it will just be noise in the background as you will unlikely be quized on this and lets face it, it's all about the quizzes... But I digress....

More blogging fun shortly... You can count on it! I like my blogs in bite sized chunks suitable for all attention spans...

2 comments:

  1. Excellent table! Puts it right out there, and I like the bite size blogging idea. Thanks for adding something that makes the paleolithic to neolithic impact so clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another 150 years and the average age will be 2x that - what it is now that is. Read up, or listen rather:

    http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/aubrey_de_grey_says_we_can_avoid_aging.html

    ReplyDelete